- cycling along the most beautiful wine roads
- learning about the autochthonous wine varieties and the local winemaking culture
- a guided tour of ancient Ajdovščina
- a guided tour of Vipava – the “Slovene Venice”
- wine and culinary tasting in the wine cellars
Unpaved paths among the vineyards and winding roads through picturesque villages are ideal for pleasant cycling. Your discovery of wine country starts in Ajdovščina, the cultural centre of the Vipava Valley, where traces of life from the Roman times are preserved. Later on, our path leads to Vipava, a picturesque little town by the springs of Vipava River, which is also known as the capital of the Vipava wine country.
Between these lovely towns and across the surrounding hills you will discover amazing, surprisingly pristine Vipava Valley’s villages while cycling through vineyards and passing numerous natural sights. A stop at the winemaker will definitely be one of the highlights of the day! You will learn about the old winemaking culture and intriguing family traditions. Tasting autochthonous wine varieties and local dishes in the atmosphere of old wine cellars will make your journey.